Wednesday, June 20, 2018

How to Paint Wanderers Glade Guard

I love painting models. However since I’m married, have kids, and a full time job. I don’t have a whole lot of time left to hobby. So I try to find ways to shorten the painting process. So I can finish my projects sooner, and spend more time playing!

Here’s my first how to paint post, please leave a comment so I can improve your experience in viewing my posts!

My first how to will feature Wanderers Glade Guard.

Step 1: Basecoat

Well actually priming is the first step. However I use citadel spray, so it combines the priming and basecoating steps.




I used Death Guard Green. Excellent color in my opinion.

Model should look like so when finished 


Step 2: Paint Skin.

I find it easier to paint the deepest details of the model first; then paint outwards. Most often the deepest part of the model is the skin.
 I highly recommend the citadel painting handle.











 I used Cadian Fleshtone for the skin.

Skin finished.

Step 3: Paint Leather/Bow
I used mournfang brown for all the leather and the bow.

Step 4: Wash 

I used Agrax Earthshade for the brown and green.
Step 
5: Dry brush 

Dry brushing is a much quicker technique than edge highlighting. Recommend dry brushing if you’re trying to quickly knock out a battleline unit.


I used Nurgling Green Paint.


Step 5 wash.. again!



I used reikland fleshshade for skin wash.

Step 6: Paint Leaves/tights.



I used Warpstone glow.


Step 7: Paint Fletching 





I found blue Fletching to be a nice contrast to all the earth tone  colors.
Step 8: Base your miniature. 




Add caption

No comments:

Post a Comment